Elastic stamping, commonly referred as stamping, is an art in which some kind of ink made of color or shade is applied to a picture or any other material containing certain information for example that has been cut, shaped and mounted onto a sheet of elastic. The elastic is then mounted onto a steadier block of wood.
Financially accessible elastic stamps fall into three classes: stamps for use in the workplace, stamps utilized for enhancing the outlook of different objects or those utilized as youngsters’ toys. In modern economic situation, rubber stamps have been utilized in large area of production. Some of the projects which been using creativity of rubber stamp include;
Stamping has become a very popular home based art and craft, and there are a number of groups, some with many thousands of members. Craft stampers tend to be associated with other paper crafts, such as card making and scrapbooking.
- Card making
Colorful handmade invitation cards, birthday cards, success cards and graduation invitation, happy birthday cards, Baby shower invitation cards can be created with minimal expertise or equipment. Rubber stump idea can be employed for this case to produce multivariate types of these cards.
Procedure of making Handmade Wedding card
- Find the right words, pictures or any animation to put into the card.
- Using stencil or and other calligraphy styles, cut a white manila piece of paper and duplicate those word into the paper. For instance, “Happy birthday Emily”
- Cut along those marks/lines left by stencil using a sharp razor so as to have smooth joints and curves of the letters.
- Using glue, stick those the remaining part of your manila paper to a small block of wood or rubber.
- Paint the blank spaces on the previous glued piece of Manila paper with the color of you interest. For example ,red symbolizing “Love”
- On your small designed card, stamp your words to have a colorful birthday card.
- Leave them for a while to dry, collect and fold them according to the design.
Fig.1 2. T-shirt, Jazzy logos
Nothing deems appealing like to have your art being appreciated by customers in todays’ business ventures. Apparel industry has gone to another level where less input is needed to have a unanimous output. These has been made easier by the rubber stamp techniques.
- Develop a logo, words or any drawing to appear in the t-shirt.
- Design a local rubber stamp with such details, clamp the rubber into a wood block.
- Chose a plain T-shirt, either grey or plain white. With your color design, stamp the shirt on either the front part or back side.